Friday 1 November 2013

Diwali Preparations

Lots of excitement, colours and brightness on the roll... Looking forward to my collection of Diwali decorations, gifts and experiments ;)
May the flavour of Diwali bring prosperity, joy and luminosity in all of our lives!
Cheers!

Attempted to do as much as I could, making rangolis on the floor gave me a backache :p haha.. there is so much fun involved in it that one completely forgets the tiredness involved!



All the colours should participate!

A very basic one

My favourite one in my room's balcony, the shaded effect

Floating rangoli

Alpana with white paint on the floor and a border of multi-colours in the puja

Entrance of the house- rangoli decorated steps

Another balcony rangoli- my love for colours!
Floating candle lit glass bowl with marigold petals and hand made greeting card in the background

Shadow effect

Floating floral arrangement

Outdoor rangoli- traditional red and white combination
Hand block printed and painted greeting on handmade paper

Hand block printed and painted greetings on handmade paper
Decorated diya

Hand-made floating candle



2 comments:

  1. This is Beautiful work! I love the colours you've chosen. I'm not sure how you did the floor work. Is it with Stencils, finely sprinkled into position, or dropped onto glue-like substance, or a wet drawn out pattern? This is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used mainly 2 stensils as you can see in some images(the second and third, on the steps and outdoor rangoli as well the one titled 'my favourite one has the stensil used once). the colours used are rangoli colours which are powdered substance, so basically dry not wet colours- if thats what you are wondering.
    Others are made free-hand. one which is white brush work designs on the floor are acrylic colours (titled 'alpana'). All of them are traditionally made on the floor.

    ReplyDelete